New “Simpler and Easier” FMLA Forms Released
The U.S. Department of Labor (“DOL”) has released new revised versions of its model notice of rights, certification, and designation forms under the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”) (dated June 2020). The revised forms are noticeably different. The DOL intended them to be simpler and easier for employees, employers, leave administrators and healthcare providers to understand and use. Download the new FMLA forms here. The FMLA poster has not been updated at this time.
Here are highlighted updates:
- New updated forms include more questions that can be answered by checking response boxes (instead of writing a narrative answer).
- Additional information regarding the circumstances when follow-up information may be obtained from healthcare providers.
- Additional information on the substitution of paid leave and concurrent leave usage.
- Electronic signature features to allow for contactless completion and transmission of completed forms.
- Reorganized questions that improve the overall organization of information.
- Forms are longer in length.
Updated forms include:
- General Notice of FMLA Rights, which can be given to employees upon hire (poster – did not change).
- FMLA Eligibility Notice and FMLA Rights and Responsibilities’ Notice, which can be given to employees to inform them of their eligibility (or ineligibility).
- FMLA Designation Notice.
- Employee’s serious health condition, form WH-380-E
- Family member’s serious health condition, form WH-380-F
Action required: Employers covered by the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), fifty (50) or more employees, should download the revised forms and put them into use with their FMLA process and procedures.
1095C form300 Log401(k)8(a)(1)AccommodationAffordable Care ActAmericans with Disabilities ActArbitrationARPAAuditsBackground screeningBilingualBonusesBusiness ExpensesCannabidiol (CBD)CDCCDLCFPBChild laborCHIP NoticeChristmas partyClearinghouseCOBRACommercial Motor Vehicle DriverCompany CultureCompensationComplianceConcerted ActivityCONNECTConstructionconsultstuConsultstu TeamContagious diseaseCoronavirusCraft BeerDepartment of LaborDirect ThreatDisabilitiesDiscriminationDOTDownsizing and RestructuringDress CodeDriversDrug and AlcoholDrug Free WorkplaceE-VerifyEEO-1 FormEEOCEmployee benefitsEmployee HandbookEmployee IllnessEmployee InjuryEmployee MisconductEmployee PoliciesEmployee RecognitionEmployee RightsEmployment PosterERISAEssential functionsExecutive OrderExempt EmployeeExit InterviewFair Credit Reporting ActFair Labor Standards ActFall ProtectionFederal ContractorsFFCRAFinancial Well-beingFitness for DutyFlorida rulesFluencyFMCSAFMLAForm 5500Form W-4Fractional HRGender Non-conformityGeneral HR QuestionsGoal SettingGroup Health InsuranceHarassmentHiringHolidaysHR ComplianceHR CostsHR ResourcesHR softwareHuman ResourcesHuman TraffickingI9 FormImmigrationIndependent ContractorIndividualized AssessmentInjury StatisticsInsuranceInvestigationsIRSITAJob DescriptionJob PostJoint EmployerLeave of AbsenceLeaving a PEOManagerMedical ExamsMedical MarijuanaMinimum WageMoraleNational OriginNew HireNLRBNo-match letterOnboardingOpioidsOSHAOutplacementOvertimePaid LeavePay CardsPay or PlayPaycheck Protection ProgramPayrollPayroll Protection ProgramPerformance Improvement PlanPerformance ReviewPersonnel FilePost offer medical questionnairePostersPregnancyPublix Immigration CertificationReasonable AccomodationRecall LetterRecord KeepingRecruitingReligionRestaurantsResumeRetaliationRetentionRetirementRewardsRisk ManagementSafetySalaried employeesSBASection 7 RightsSelf AppraisalSick LeaveSMART goalsSocial MediaSocial Security cardStart upTaxesTemporary EmployeeTerminationTipped EmployeesTitle VIITPD BenefitsTrainingUnemploymentUniformsUSCISVaccinesW2W4Wage and HourWellness programWork from HomeWorkers CompensationWorkplace MonitoringWrap Plans
Show Less Categories
Need on-going HR support?
We have affordable HR retainers that offer a unique alternative to full HR outsourcing or the hiring of a full time HR employee. We design unique solutions to match your business strategy and budget. We have a proven track record of helping companies from many industries. We listen and probe to understand your needs and goals, before we offer recommendations and realistic solutions.