All Florida employers are required to report new hire information to the State of Florida. Online reporting is faster, easier, free and reduces the risk of error or unreadable information on paper-based forms. Here is how to set it up:
- Go to the New Hire Reporting website.
- Click the “register” button
- Click on the “employer” button
- Multistate employers or employers with one or more subsidiary, location, or branch can save time and resources by consolidating new hire reporting into one central location. centralization of new hire reporting at the corporate office is recommended, using the multistate reporting method if applicable. For more information about multi-state reporting, click here.
- Enter your company information, including FEIN, company name, company email address, Reemployment Assistance number and select a password. Also, add all the contact information for the primary point of contact for handling unemployment claims.
- New businesses that do not have a reemployment assistance number, you will need to register with the Department of Revenue. Existing companies can find this number on the last unemployment claim or wage audit statement.
- Mark the “accept” button and click “register”
- Follow the instructions for confirming your account
- Use the “login” function to access your new account
- Employers having trouble can 1-888-854-4791, for assistance during normal business hours.
To report your new hires, you will need the new employee’s social security number, name, date of hire and address. Terminations can also be reported in the system. Reporting termination is mandatory when the employee was subject to an Income Withholding Order for child support.