Employee Handbook Consulting
Our team's vast experience with employee handbooks range from providing an annual review for new employee regulations, updating a handbook for company growth and increased employee size, adding a new addendum for a multi-state employer or creating a first time handbook. We will walk you through the process of creating an effective employee handbook, design policies that are applicable to your business and keep you informed about the progress. We produce clear, concise Handbooks that meet regulatory requirements and the policy needs of your organization.
Why have an Employee Handbook?
A growing number of federal and state laws, as well as court decisions against companies, strongly suggest that a written policy statement is needed for firms of any size. Policies covering equal employment opportunity, harassment, discrimination and family and medical leave are critically important to protect your company.
An effective Employee Handbook is a simple and inexpensive means to protect your company against lawsuits brought by employees (and applicants) for misconduct, lack of experience and poor performance. Since the laws are always changing, it is important to have a resource that will review your Handbook annually (and when necessary) to keep your company policies in compliance.
A properly developed Employee Handbook will help your company:
1. Improve recruiting and retention by better communications
2. Promote uniformity and consistency of HR administration
3. Improve employee communication
4. Help maintain union free workplaces
5. Preserve "at will" employment and management
6. Lower unemployment claim costs
7. Protect against employee initiated lawsuits
8. Provide HR structure and grow the value of your business